Grow with us. Support excellent research.
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in the life, physical, and formal sciences, located in Klosterneuburg on the outskirts of Vienna. As employees of the administration and the Scientific Service Units, we strive to support IST Austria’s scientists in performing excellent research.
FULL TIME (40H)
The Preclinical Facility offers services for 11 research groups which compete on scientific top level in their field with international research groups. Therefore we are searching for a top motivated and service minded colleague who will strengthen and support our team as veterinarian.
- Implementation of good veterinarian practice for anesthesia, surgical techniques and animal handling (according to Austrian Law)
- Organize courses and trainings for scientists at IST Austria
- Training of and support for animal caretakers and technicians with focus on animal health and welfare issues
- Coordination of the routine health monitoring program
- Responsible for the general hygiene in the Animal House
- Official Veterinarian towards Austrian Authorities
- Member of the “Tierschutzgremium”
- Administrative support with ethical applications and “Tierversuchsstatistik”
- Veterinary degree (MSc) or equivalent
- Professional experience in breeding and maintenance of laboratory rodents, esp. transgenic mice, preferred
- Experience in leading a team of animal care takers is advantageous
- Experience in an academic environment advantageous
- Very good computer skills, especially with Microsoft Excel and Word are mandatory
- Very good communication skills in German and English are mandatory
We offer a starting salary of EUR 3,200 gross/month (14x / year) for full time. Salary for candidates with proof of professional experience will be negotiated individually.
- Offers challenging positions in a dynamic and growing organization
- Supports learning and development
- Provides flexible working times and numerous fringe benefits
- Promotes an international and open culture
- Supports an appreciative and respectful work environment
- Values diversity and is committed to equality
To apply for this position send your application in one combined pdf (including CV, certificates and references) by e-mail to: