Boehringer Ingelheim RCV Vienna is home to Boehringer Ingelheim's dedicated drug discovery center for innovative cancer medicines. A team of more than 260 scientists and technicians, combining their expertise in cancer biology and genomics, pharmacology, medicinal chemistry, structural research, high-throughput screening and discovery ADME, drive our efforts to identify novel medication for the treatment of cancer. We are currently looking for a highly motivated, innovative and result oriented scientist (m/f) to serve as a Research Laboratory Head within the Cancer Cell Signaling department. The Cancer Cell Signaling unit is where the idea for a new drug starts. It is responsible for identifying and validating novel drug targets in oncology through internal research or external collaboration. Together with other disciplines, including medicinal chemistry, the incumbent will move drug discovery programmes forward to support the oncology pipeline of Boehringer Ingelheim.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Head a research laboratory in molecular oncology
- Responsible for drug target identification and validation as well as for subsequent initiation of new small-molecule and biologic drug discovery projects
- Applying cutting-edge genetic, cell biological and biochemical approaches to cancer research
- Initiation and participation in collaborations with external partners
- Close interaction with our medical experts, high-throughput and fragment-based screening, bioinformatics, biomarker, protein analytics, structural research, animal experimentation, medicinal chemistry and pharmacology groups
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, pharmacology or related discipline
- 3+ years postdoctoral experience in high-profile academic lab, biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Strong publication record
- First supervisory experience
- Thorough understanding of cancer biology and genetics
- Ability to take on a leading role in multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills
Our CultureBoehringer Ingelheim is one of the world's 20 leading pharmaceutical companies. Headquartered in Ingelheim, Germany, Boehringer Ingelheim operates globally through 145 affiliates and a total of some 50,000 employees. The focus of the family-owned company, founded in 1885, is on researching, developing, manufacturing and marketing new medications of high therapeutic value for human and veterinary medicine. In 2015, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of about 14.8 billion euros. R&D expenditure corresponds to 20.3 per cent of net sales.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. We embrace all aspects of diversity and inclusion which benefit our employees, patients and communities.