To be an innovation and technology leader, Group Technology has the responsibility to further develop and build synergies within Telekom Austria Group. We drive the successful execution of the TAG and local subsidiary (OpCo) Technology strategies, addressing network, IT and user-related services.
In OTT & ICT Cloud Services we are responsible for Over-the-Top & Cloud Services, addressing all IT-based services relevant for end customers: Video & Music, Advertising & Analytics, Connected Home, Cloud Infrastructure.
We analyse industry and technology trends, support business areas in defining new business models and products, take care of technology strategy and architecture. Our ambition is efficient delivery of new products and services, using prototyping, agile methodologies and state-of-the art implementation practises like Virtualization and Micro Services (Docker).
- You contribute to requirements engineering within our projects. This includes collecting and documenting user requirements, coordination of technical analysis and solution design, in some cases also the creation of service mockups or prototypes.
- You support efficient software development in one of our projects (e.g. in TV/Multimedia or related to Big Data & Analytics). We use agile methodologies and tools (Scrum, Kanban, Jira). There is a small lab environment for prototyping, live deployments are usually done in virtualization environments within our private data centers.
- Before launching new services we run intensive system and end-2-end tests. You contribute to testing/test automation and bug fixing.
- You hold a degree (university/FH) and have prior work experience
- You are passionate about innovations in technology and services, ideally not only in theory but also in practice (e.g. you are an early subscriber to Netflix or Amazon Prime, you are running innovative home automation services on a Raspberry PI, or you have already created your personal Chatbot applying Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence)
- With education and/or experience in state-of-the-art software development you know how to create Docker-based Micro Services or develop in Cloud environments like Amazon EC2/AWS or Openstack
- Fluent in German and English, an additional CEE language is advantageous
- Interest in working in multi-national teams
- Willingness to go the extra mile
- Solution and goal-oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Pro-active team player
Apply for the Young Professional and face the challenge of the Top Talent Competition! Contribute with your expert know-how and develop in the Young Professional Program. Are you also interested in other Young Professionals positions? More information on the Young Professional Program and Young Professional positions can be found at a1.net/youngprofessionals
Shape the future of Austria’s largest telecommunications provider! In addition to offering a diverse range of attractive benefits and opportunities for development, we have been awarded as Vienna’s family friendliest large company. The minimum annual gross salary according to the collective agreement of Telekom Austria AG is EUR 40.000. The actual annual salary depends on your qualifications and professional experience.
As A1 Telekom Austria AG our goal is to increase the proportion of women in the entire company, and we have developed measures to promote women. We would be happy to interest women in the position currently available and invite them to apply.