AVL is the world's largest independent company for development of powertrains (combustion engines, hybrid systems, electric drive) as well as simulation and test systems for passenger cars, trucks and marine engines.
We offer a master thesis:
Virtual full vehicle ride comfort of a car
Improvement in the product development concerning time-to-market, cost and product quality are required in automotive industry. Ride comfort is one of the major aspects of the vehicle manufacturers when computer simulations are given a key role in product development.
This thesis has been initiated as a preliminary step towards evaluation of ride comfort in the development of cars.
A virtual model of the passenger car has been created in multi-body simulation software package MSC.Adams. The chassis frame and body structure of the car are considered as a flexible body to depict its dynamic properties and structural loads. Different roads has been used to simulate based on the ISO 8606, the results from Multi-body dynamic model are used for ride comfort analysis.
- Literature study
- Identification of different roads types based on ISO 8606
- Study different tire models
- Vehicle Multibody dynamic model built up with Flexible car
- Time transient model response calculation,
- Parameter study
- Ride comfort evaluation and optimization
- Mechanical engineering, Technical physics
- Experience in MSC ADAMS® and Vehicle Dynamic is appreciated
- Language: English or German
Remuneration: The successful completion of the thesis is a one-time fee of EUR 2.500, - gross remuneration