AVL is the world's largest independent company for development of powertrains (combustion engines, hybrid systems, electric drive) as well as simulation and test systems for passenger cars, trucks and marine engines.
We offer a master thesis:
Effect of eccentricity and manufacturing errors on electric motor noise and vibration
Nowadays hybrid and fully electric drives have been developing in variety, power and range. One of the main NVH sources is the e-motor. The excitations in the e-motor, caused by the electromagnetic forces, excite the housing of the e-motor and so the rest of the system, as structure-borne vibration. Therefore the same electric motor has can have a very different NVH characteristic. To increase the robustness is required to find out the effect of different parameters and control the deviations in NVH behavior. In this study a IPM motor will be evaluated.
- Literature study
- FEM simulation of the Electric motor
- Study different manufacturing errors such as eccentricity on the Magnetic field
- Order and amplitude analysis on the forces on the rotor structure rotor, and guidelines for the existing orders
- Forced response calculation, e motor housing and driveline due to electromagnetic excitation
- Comparison of the cases and design recommendations and guideline
- Electrical or Mechanical engineering, Technical physics
- Experience in electric motors is appreciated
- Language: English or German
Remuneration: The successful completion of the thesis is a one-time fee of EUR 2.500, - gross remuneration