Here, you will find the necessary facts and technical requirements to create your online advertisement.
- Lead times
- File formats
- Linking and clickthrough
- Close button
- Ad creation
- TV spots & video
Lead times for creative delivery
To ensure your campaign launches on time, we ask you to deliver your ads 5 business days prior to campaign start.
Please note that special advertising forms and special campaigns need a longer preparation time.
We support all established formats:
- HTML5 and SVG
- Classic images, for example .jpg, .gif
- Images for Promotion-Teasers and Sitelinks have to be delivered as static images.
If the advertising material is to communicate with other content on the page please contact Martin.Altersberger@derStandard.at.
You can find the pixel width and height of your desired ad format in the Advertising Formats section.
Maximum file weights for advertising material:
- In general 40 KB (Kilobyte)
- Sitebar 100 KB
- Mobile ads 20 KBTeaser-images (Promotions/Sitelinks) 10 KB
An animation in the advertising material may loop up to three times, then stop.
Linking and Clickthrough
We automatically link classic images and click-count them. Non classical file formats must include a click tag on delivery.
HTML5: Please, take a bearing on the IAB-Austria Specifitaions. When the creative is running in the iPad app, please use the following script (instead of the Java command: window.open(clickTag)):
var f = document.createElement('form');
Sound ads must provide one of these options (no autoplay):
- MouseOver: Sound is only active when a user moves the cursor over the ad and must stop as soon as the cursor moves away
- Play Button: Sound is only active when user intentionally clicks on the ad's sound button
Upon request we can commission an agency to produce your ad – especially HTML5. Please deliver your own HTML5 ad as embedding link, i.e. a URL of your index.html-file (main file).
Please provide your TV spot or video in these formats and with a maximum length of 15 seconds
- Video: mpeg4, bit rate approx. 1200 kbit/s, resolution at least 480 pixels wide (height depending on the aspect ratio)
- Audio: mp3, bitrate about 192 kbit/s
- Aspect ratio: The video player has a 16:9 ratio. If your video has a different ratio, the free space is filled with black bars (letterbox).
Tel.: +43 1 531 70 extension 773
The terms and conditions of der STANDARD Verlsagsges.m.b.H. to be viewed on derStandard.at/GTCs apply. Subject to alterations. Typing errors reserved.