Here, you will find the necessary facts and technical requirements to create your online advertising.
- Lead times
- File formats
- Link and click count
- Close button
- Ad creation
- TV spots & Video
Lead times for creative delivery
To ensure your campaign launches on time, we ask you to deliver your ads 5 business days prior to campaign start.
Please note that special advertising forms and special campaigns need a longer preparation time.
We support all established formats:
- Classic images, for example .jpg, .gif
- HTML5 and SVG
Upon request we can produce your HTML5 ad.
Please deliver your own HTML5 artwork as embedding link, i.e. a URL of your index.html-file (main file).
- Teaser images (for Promotion and Sitelink Teaser) have to be delivered as static images.
We ask for a protocol-relative delivery of your tracking pixel/ tag-in-tag ad URL (for further information see derstandard.at/Umstellung-https or contact us).
If the advertising material is to communicate with other content on the page please contact Martin.Altersberger@derStandard.at.
You will find the pixel width and height of your desired ad format in Advertising Formats section.
The maximum file size of the advertising material is:
- in general 40 kilobytes (kb)
- for the site bar 100 kb
- for mobile advertising 20 kb
- for a teaser image in advertorial, promotion and site link 10 kb
An animation in the advertising material may loop up to 3 times and must then remain static.
Linking and Click Counting
We automatically link classic images and click-count them. Non classical file formats must include a click-count on delivery.
HTML5: Please, take a bearing on the IAB-Austria Specifitaions. When the creative is running in the iPad app, please use the following script (instead of the Java command: window.open(clickTag)):
var f = document.createElement('form');
Sound ads must provide one of these options (no autoplay):
- MouseOver: Sound is only active when a user moves the cursor over the ad and must stop as soon as the cursor moves away
- Play Button: Sound is only active when user intentionally clicks on the sound button in the ad
Upon request (at extra costs) derStandard.at can produce your ad for you in-house, in particular HTML5. Please deliver your own HTML5 artwork as embedding link, i.e. a URL of your index.html-file (main file).
Please provide your TV spot or video in these formats and with a maximum length of 15 seconds
- Video: mpeg4, bit rate approx. 1200 kbit/s, resolution at least 480 pixels wide (height depending on the aspect ratio)
- Audio: mp3, bitrate about 192 kbit/s
- Aspect ratio: The video player has a 16:9 ratio. If your video has a different ratio, the free space is filled with black bars (letterbox).
Martin Altersberger Tel.: +43 1 531 70 extension 773
The terms and conditions of der STANDARD Verlsagsges.m.b.H. to be viewed on derStandard.at/GTCs are applicable. Subject to alterations. Typing errors reserved.